Thursday, July 24, 2008

Nifty Faucet Gizmo

I'm taking the Corvallis Energy Challenge.

They inspect your home and tell you what you need to do to make it more energy efficient. Then they give you cash incentives if you actually do them. Basically you spend thousands of dollars on improvements, they pay you back hundreds of dollars in incentives, and you save dozens of dollars in energy costs. It all works out somehow.

The inspector came over on Wednesday and gave me a list of things I need to do. Among a dozen or so small things (don't leave your phone charger plugged in when your phone's not charging, etc.), there were a couple of big ticket items:

Seal and Insulate the ducts
Insulate the floor
Insulate the walls
Install high efficiency furnace

But even if I don't do any of these things, I get to keep this nifty faucet gizmo:


No comments: