Monday, January 4, 2010

Quilt Project #2 - Brielle's Quilt

Today my newest niece is 3 months old. So I've decided that my next quilt project is going to be a crib quilt for her. My goal is to have it completed before she's 6 months old (which is a relaxed pace, really, considering it's a small quilt).

Her colors are green and purple, so this weekend I stopped by the fabric store and got a variety of green and purple flannels.



I have the darnedest time trying to get my camera settings right, so this photo doesn't accurately represent the fabric's true colors.

I've decided to make this one a bento box quilt. A bento box block looks like this:



It looks plain, but it's surprisingly versatile. When I mess around with different colors and values (lights and darks), I get a variety of effects:



I haven't yet decided which of these layouts I'll use.

Also, I've decided to renumber my quilt projects since the last one was really the first proper quilt, and the earlier potholders were just messing around.

3 comments:

SandyQuilts said...

You didn't ask but I like version #2. All of them are pretty, #2 just speaks to me.

Congrats on a new niece.

akrizman said...

Maybe I didn't actually ask, but I was hoping for feedback. I like version #1 for it's elegance. Of the busy versions, #5 is my favorite. The fact that a pro like yourself would pick version #2 certainly makes me lean towards that.

Unknown said...

I have just discovered this pattern and loveit! I am presently making a bento box quilt is shades of purple, blues and pale greens. I love the #5 layout, which I am using.