Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Quilts for Christmas


Some quilt projects I made for Christmas presents:

I made this pillow for my niece:


It's based on her tattoo.

The butterfly Celtic knot is reverse appliqued (by machine with a blanket stitch), the star and other elements are regularly appliqued (also by machine with a blanket stitch) using freezer paper.

For the border, I made up a simple foundation-piece-able pattern, and used black fabric with each line to create a stained-glass effect.

This is the quilt I made for Chris:


This is the biggest, most elaborate quilt I've ever made.  It was quite a logistic trick to keep such a big project secret from the guy who lives with me.

Fortunately Henri was willing to help.






I plan to post a step-by-step of these in a later posts.


2 comments:

Matt Conroy said...

Beautiful work, Andrew.

That one for Chris looks a lot like my migraine auras.

Merry Christmas!

Matt

Eric said...

Holy moly, man, that quilt turned out amazing. Can't wait to see it in person.