Sunday, June 14, 2009

Summer Juggling

There are two juggling clubs in Corvallis: The OSU juggling club, and The One Wheel Wonders Unicycling and Juggling Club. Both clubs move their meetings outdoors during the summer. Tomorrow is the first day that 1WW meets at Central Park downtown.

One of my many summer resolutions is to get back into juggling regularly. So starting tomorrow, I plan to juggle with the 1WW at their meetings on the first and third Mondays of the month. The OSU club meets at the MU Quad on Mondays and Thursdays throughout the summer. Every time I've ever showed up there during the summer, I've been the only one, but I figure I'd like to juggle weekly anyway, even if it's by myself, and the MU quad is as good a place as any, so I plan on practicing there on every Monday that the 1WW aren't meeting.

While I'm on the topic of juggling in Corvallis, here's a YouTube video from the Juggling Convention last March.



If you look close, you can see me in the background briefly; at 0:17, I'm the one kicking up the club.

Also, I meant to post this earlier; it's a video that I took at that convention of my friend Ethan with whom I used to juggle back in the day on the courthouse lawn in Boulder. He now lives in Portland and came down for the convention.


No comments: